Do you have an AVCHD camcorder and want to transfer the .CPI files to Mac? You can drag and drop CPI files to Mac, but cannot read any of them, why? Now, firstly, let’s discuss about AVCHD CPI file.
CPI files are commonly found in the AVCHD/BDMV/CLIPINF directory of HD digital video recording media. Many famous AVCHD camcorders like Sony, Canon, Panasonic, and JVC generate CPI files. CPI files contain metadata describing an AVCHD video stream, such as the frame rate, frames per second, and aspect ratio.
So you can see, CPI files are not video files, which are AVCHD video information files. The actual video files are the files with .MTS or .M2TS extension. If needed, you should convert AVCHD to video with MTS Converter for Mac. Below simple guide maybe helpful to you.
Download MTS Converter for Mac, install and run it on your Mac.
Guide: How to convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files for Mac OS X?
Step 1: Import MTS/M2TS files
Open MTS Converter for Mac, navigate to the location that saves AVCHD MTS or M2TS files, and then load them to the program.
Step 2: AVCHD to QuickTime movie
In the format drop-down menu, select “QickTime Movie Format” Specify the output folder to save final QuickTime movies.
Step 3: Convert AVCHD for Mac
Press “Convert” button, Mac MTS Converter will start to convert AVCHD MTS M2TS files on Mac OS X.
When the conversion completes, open the QuickTime movie and then import into iMovie, FCE or FCP for further editing.
Related Post of How to convert AVCHD CPI files for Mac OS X
- How to recover MTS files for Mac from Sony, Canon, JVC, Panasonic camcorders
- Blu-ray Ripper for Mac OS X Lion
- AVCWare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, Convert MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TP, TRP files on Mac
- How to convert MPEG-4 for OSX Lion (Mac OS X 10.7)
- How to convert/import Sony HDR .mts files to iMovie, FCE, FCP on Mac
- Blu-Ray Ripper for Mac, Best DVD, Blu-Ray DVD Ripper, Converter and backup
- HD Video Converter for Mac, Mac MOD, TOD, MTS, M2T, M2TS, MXF Converter
- YouTube Converter for Mac easy-to-use YouTube video downloader and converter
- iMedia Converter for Mac rip and convert blu-ray, DVD, Video, Audio and animated pictures