A GIF file is an animated photo file that is similar to a video, by using several images placed into a single file. AVI is a video format you can play back on services such as YouTube, or on your own video rendering program native to your computer. Some of these include iMovie, QuickTime and Photo Booth — programs developed by Apple. When using the “Export” command in Photo Booth, the program will save the file as a .GIF. Exporting to AVI can be done by bypassing the “Export” command.
Things are about to get pretty twisted. Photo Booth takes snapshots of you and your friends in ways far from ordinary from funny to artsy to really bizarre. Make a few faces, snap a few snaps, and see your wacky side.
You could also use Quicktime Pro to export an .avi file into an image sequence, then use Gif Fun to convert the image sequence into an animation. If you have some animated GIF files that you want to save as actual video files you will need to convert your GIF files to AVI files. In order to take an animated GIF and make it a real AVI video file you will need a video converter program that supports both file formats. The River Past Video Cleaner is a popular GIF-to-AVI video converter program on the CNET Download Center. With the River Past Video Cleaner you will be able to quickly and easily convert from GIF to AVI.
If you have some animated GIF files that you want to save as actual video files you will need to convert your GIF files to AVI files. In order to take an animated GIF and make it a real AVI video file you will need a video converter program that supports both file formats.
Open Photo Booth by clicking the icon in the “Application” system folder of your Mac computer.
Record your video by pressing the camera button in Photo Booth. When you are finished recording, press the camera button again to stop recording.
Select the GIF video file from your Photo Booth time line. Drag the GIF file to your desktop. This will automatically save your file as a MOV file instead of a GIF file.
Open QuickTime Converter from your list of applications. Drag the MOV file into QuickTime, and from the “File” menu select “Export.” Select the option for AVI, and click “OK.” This will export your file as an AVI file. If you don’t wish to use QuickTime Converter, you can use Pavtube Video Converter or flv encoder for mac.
Photo Booth uses the front-facing camera, so hold up your iPad 2, smile, and snap yours truly like crazy. Before Photo Booth captures your photo, it flashes bright white to add light to your face.
Related Post of How to convert GIF to AVI on Photo Booth Mac
- AVCWare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
- MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, Convert MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TP, TRP files on Mac
- How to convert MPEG-4 for OSX Lion (Mac OS X 10.7)
- How to convert/import Sony HDR .mts files to iMovie, FCE, FCP on Mac
- Blu-Ray Ripper, Blu-Ray DVD Ripper, Converter and Blu-Ray DVD backup
- Blu-Ray Ripper for Mac, Best DVD, Blu-Ray DVD Ripper, Converter and backup
- HD Video Converter for Mac, Mac MOD, TOD, MTS, M2T, M2TS, MXF Converter
- YouTube Converter for Mac easy-to-use YouTube video downloader and converter
- iMedia Converter for Mac rip and convert blu-ray, DVD, Video, Audio and animated pictures
- AVCWare Video Converter Platinum for Mac