Many FCP users complain that they can’t import MXF video files into FCP for editing. In fact, FCP or FCP X doesn’t support edit 1080p MXF files directly, so you may ask: Is there any solution to change MXF video to FCP or FCP X supported format on Mac OS X? Yes, you can have a try of HD video converter for Mac, which is a professional Mac MXF Converter for transcoding MXF files and other HD video files to any popular video formats that you need.
Follow below simple guide, you can fast and easily convert MXF files to Apple ProRes video for using in FCP or FCP X.
Step 1: Add MXF files
Find the MXF video files and add them to the Mac HD video converter, you can preview the added content to confirm import the correct MXF files.
Step 2: Export MXF to ProRes for FCP
From the drop-down format list, choose the ideal Apple ProRes format that matches your need. Enter into Settings window to adjust the advanced video and audio output settings.
Step 3: Specify an output folder
Define the output folder to save Apple ProRes MOV files. This step is optional, if you don’t set it, the converted files will be stored in the default folder.
Step 4: Transcode MXF to ProRes on Mac
The last step, press Convert button to transcode MXF files to Apple ProRes .mov format. Finally, import the Apple ProRes files to FCP or FCP X when the conversion progress finishes.
Related Post of Convert/transcode MXF to Final Cut Pro ProRes with Mac MXF Converter
- HD Video Converter for Mac, Mac MOD, TOD, MTS, M2T, M2TS, MXF Converter
- HD Video Converter, AVCHD Video, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Quick Time HD Video, MXF, WMV HD Video Converter
- Import MXF to Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X with MXF to Avid Converter for Mac
- How to convert MXF to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP/FCP X with MXF to Apple ProRes Converter
- Import/convert MXF to Final Cut Pro for Mac with MXF to FCP Converter
- Convert .MXF files for Mac from Panasonic P2/Sony XDCAM/Canon XF camcorders
- Edit/trim/merge/split/crop MXF video files on Mac OS X Lion with MXF Editor for Mac
- Convert Panasonic P2 HD MXF files with Panasonic MXF Converter
- Convert Sony XDCAM .MXF file to AVI/WMV/MPG/MOV/MP4 with Sony MXF Converter
- Convert/transcode Canon MXF files for iMovie/FCE/FCP X with Canon MXF Converter for Mac