Most of us have been expecting a major UI overhaul in Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread. Unfortunately I was disappointed to find out that the overall UI of Android didn’t change much but rather “enhanced”. Well luckily one thing pertaining to Android did in fact get an overhaul, the Android MarketPlace. Thanks to the guys over at XDA, they managed to get the updated MarketPlace app and boy is it sexy! It looks great on the Galaxy Tab. Here’s how to get it!
1) Download the APK file to your Android Phone
2) After it’s done, either click to open the file or use your favorite file manager (ES File Explorer, astro, etc) and go to your download folder. This should be at the root of your SD card.
3) Find the file named com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk and click on it. If your using Astro, click “open app manager”. If your asked, what should you open the file with, make sure you click on “Package Installer”.
4) Let the app install. After that you are done! Click done and launch up the app and you will presented with the Gingerbread edition of the Android MarketPlace.
5) If for some reason you want to remove the new version just go to your homescreen>menu button>settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running Apps> Find the market App and click on it>select uninstall.
Note: this will only remove the update and not the entire market.
Samsung Electronics Co. plans to start selling touch-screen computers using the latest Windows operating system in the second half of next year as it seeks to tap demand for portable, yet powerful devices.